24 July 2012

What i wore: Sheer Maxi

I love summer sun but lets just admit it that sweating from a heat wave isn't the cutest. I always gravitate towards simple and chic pieces for an outfit to stay cool in the heat. I decided to pair my sheer maxi skirt (seen on my most recent summer haul) with a basic tank top and balance the look with my favorite vintage belt.

Since the outfit is pretty muted with my classic black and taupe, i added an arm full of brightly colored bracelets for color and fun! As much as i love the current color trends, black will forever be my staple go-to color. So to stay trendy and at the same time add color to my wardrobe i use a lot of colored, statement accessories. It's such an easy way to change the look of basic pieces!




Black basic tank, Forever 21
Sheer maxi skirt, TJmaxx
Vintage leather belt, thrifted
Marc Jacobs satchel, Nordstrom
Arm accessories, H&M

I'm not the biggest fan of wearing a lot of makeup during the summer but there's always tricks to creating a natural summer look without overdoing it. For my makeup i decided to go with a dewy, summer glow look and to help the makeup last under the sun and heat, always remember to set your makeup!


Bareminerals "Tinted" Mineral Veil
Revlon Whipped foundation "Warm Golden"
Revlon Photoready concealer "Medium"
Benefit bronzer "Hoola"
Maybelline Eyestudio gel liner "Blackest black"
Wet n' Wild Coloricon eyeshadow "Walking on eggshells"
Benefit highlighter "High beam"
MAC Mineralize blush "Super Nova"



NARS lipgloss "Chihuahua" 
MAC lipstick "Shy girl"
EOS lip balm "Strawberry Sorbet"



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Le Sassafras Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger